Really Awesome Coffee

Saturday 24 December 2011

Merry Christmas

After a month of over induldging I have motivation back after seeing Mark Cavendish win SPOTY & getting out on the road bike yesterday for a 21 miler.

Really missed road riding this month. MAPMYRIDE packed up on my I-Phone so i was unable to map the route, sorted that now by updating I-Phone. However, managed to wipe all my songs.:-(

Second disaster, puncture 10 miles sout of Norwich, tyre had actually split on ths side as well. Thankfully I always carry my puncture kit so was able to do a roadside repair. Decided to ride straight home considering the split in the tyre that couldn't be fixed.

First puncture in 1400 miles isnt too bad going though.

Popped down to Halfords and got a new tyre (Continental Ultra Gatorskin) got kavlar in it apparently to reduce puncture risk, we shall see. That & inner tube cost me £32, not bad but i forgot my 10% Aviva discount, doh.

Found another event i want to do, The Haute Route. Cant afford it yet but one day, hopefully shares will take off next year so i have some money. Hard times at the minute.

http://www.hauteroute.org/en/

Anyway, time to open presents, have a great Christmas. Andy, Oot & Arleya

No comments:

Post a Comment