Really Awesome Coffee

Sunday 23 October 2011

August 2011

My daughter

August has saw an increase in ride mileage & additional walking sessions as this will be part of my great barrow Challenge.
I did three walks totalling 10 miles
Bike rides - 11 totalling 331 mile. The furthest ride was 63 miles. In fact, i rode my first half centuries during August 2011, the first being 55 miles.

Finally saw a drop in weight to 15 stone 10 lbs. I have been disapointed in the slow weight loss despite my increased physical activity.

I bought some SPD pedals & Shimano shoes. This has made a difference but i do tend to get a numb right foot & some pain in the ball of it. I have adjusted the positioning of the cleats numerous times & have reduced this a lot.

I'm also finding my backside is hurting after the longer rides. I think i need to invest in a better pair of shorts or a new saddle.

August also gave me a new cycle event to watch in the form of La Vuelta in Spain http://www.lavuelta.com/

Added a retirement activity to the wife & my list which is to buy a camper van & travel round France & Spain following the cycle tours.

Think that's about it for August.

No comments:

Post a Comment